The 10th Summit (ENDLESS YOUTH MEDIA CREATIVITY) will be held in Belgrade, Serbia (July 27th to August 7th 2015). The Summit will be focused on intercultural, innovative and interactive educational technologies, media and information literacy and the development of film, TV, radio and Internet tools for communication, cooperation and positive change in society. Our goal is to work on Media like tool for Conflict Resolution, to include as many young people as possible from the Western Balkans Region (especially from marginalized groups of young people, rural population, sexual minorities, the Roma population, young people with disabilities etc.). Also, we would like to promote (multi) media education as the best tool for development in a sustainable society (fast, understandable and exchangeable), supporting social justice in a multicultural environment and building interactive educational platforms for effective social inclusion, to help in understanding differences, to uphold the right to participate and to build New Media Pedagogy. COME TO SHAPE THE FUTURE TOGETHER!
IYMS COMMITMENTS to:
• important role of youth in shaping future;
• new models of interactive education like the most important tool for changing;
• Media, Information and Peace Literacy;
• diversity, peace, progress;
• cultural rights, human rights and justice;
• honesty, openness and accountability;
• collaboration between the members at Country level, the Countries on the Continental level, and the Members on the Global level;
• socially responsible entrepreneurship.
• Strengthening the role of youngsters all around the Globe to use and create media to promote intercultural dialogue, cultural diversity and inclusion, at grassroots level within their own countries and across them.
• Improving relations within and between all cultural, ethnic and religious groups, including all minorities, majorities and migrants, preventing persistent tensions and divides.
• Supporting the efforts of the all movements to close the gap between government institutions and civil society organizations.
• Expanding the number of participating countries in International Youth Media Summit and driving the development of intercultural actions at grassroots level around the world.
• Creating opportunities for partnerships with socially responsible business in the private sector, encouraging entrepreneurship, mentoring with a focus on developing new employment opportunities in participating countries, especially in Media, Journalism, ICT and new Green Technologies.
• Facilitating the exchange of good educational models, information and best practices and building synergies between all member’s and partner’s organizations with the biggest international NGO’s and its partners.
• Promoting cross-cultural understanding and cooperation among local and global communities.
IYMS is interested to continue to develop strong educational cooperation between all our members and partners (but also with other networks, organizations and individuals) with elements of the New Media Pedagogy we are develop for years and with support of UNESCO Department for Media and Society and Mr. Alton Grizzle who will be again with us. This have to be our strong effort to implement Intercultural and Interactive Educational Model with Media, Information and Peace Literacy where Students and Teachers will be PARTNERS in the Educational Process and ready to motivate each-other on the Life Long Learning Philosophy.