Next June Barcelona will hold the MILID SUMER SCHOOL, an academic exchange organized by the Gabinete de Comunicación y Educación of UAB and the UNESCO-UNAOC UNITWIN global chair.
The Summer School is also framed within the Doctoral Summer School of the Journalism Department at Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Students from different international universities and teachers from our Gabinete as well as from the MILID university network will participate in the sessions taking place between 17 and 23 June.
The main aim of this school is to offer academic meeting spaces and group work in order to encourage the development of projects registered with the different research lines attached to the department of Journalism.
Participation of doctoral students in the MILID Summer School will focus on discussion and exchange of ideas for the development of their doctoral thesis projects. The school will also host between students and teachers both, of the specific Communication program at UAB and of other programs around the world; the establishment of research contacts with participants interested in similar topics and the confrontation of research projects with different realities (geographical, theoretical and academic).
The school objectives are:
• To promote exchange, discussion and work space for PhD students (including students of the official master’s degree)
• To encourage the establishment of international networks on common thematic topics, allowing the development of comparative research processes.
• To create a scenario for the exchange of experiences among students, faculty and international experts.
• To stimulate the creation of Doctoral Working Groups in each of the research groups of the department of Journalism at UAB, enriched with the presence of experts, teachers and students from all over the world.
• To provide a space to present, discuss and enrich doctoral thesis projects in specialized seminars.
• To offer training tools essential to research under international experts’ guidance with the purpose of learning and reflecting on new trends and methodological issues in the field of Communication Studies and Journalism.
For further details: http://summercampus2013.wordpress.com/
Watch video here: MILID Summer School Barcelona 2013