- EVENS FOUNDATION
- Contact Name:
- Tim Verbist
- Contact Email:
EVENS FOUNDATION GRANTS FOR EUROPEAN MEDIA LITERACY PROGRAMS
The Evens Foundation continuously aims to stimulate efforts to increase media literacy in Europe – mainly by raising critical awareness and by encouraging media creativity. Both of these contribute to the development of highly aware, active and responsible citizens. Subscribing the view of the European Commission, that considers “(…) media literacy as an extremely important factor for active citizenship in today’s information society, as literacy was at the beginning of the twentieth century”, the Evens Foundation wishes to support a selection of European projects that contribute to raising the media literacy level of European citizens.
- This call is open for all European media literacy projects that focus on the general public.
- The project focuses on citizens of all ages, using a household perspective is highly welcomed.
- This call is accessible for all media types and educational methodologies.
- Only projects in existence for 1 year or more can apply.
- The project is submitted by a registered organization, association or institution based and working in the EUROPEAN UNION, or in one of the official candidate countries. Each organization can submit only one project.
- The applying organization operates in conformity with the VALUES of the European Union (Art. 2 of the consolidated version of the Treaty on European Union).
- Candidates should send a presentation in English of 4 pages max., in font Times New Roman, size 11.
- Presentation has to contain information on the applicant organization, the submitted project and its methodology, the results achieved so far and the total project budget.
- Photo’s and / or promotional materials may be send separately.
- Proposals should be submitted before 1st of July 2013 to Tim.Verbist@evensfoundation.be
- Jury deliberations will take place in September 2013, selected projects will be informed soon after.
If you belong to a network, we would appreciate it if you could forward this message to interested parties. Of course you may as well include this call into your newsletter, or make an announcement on your website.
Thanks in advance and, if you are applying, best of luck!
REMINDER: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE DEADLINE FOR THE EVENS PRIZE FOR MEDIA EDUCATION, 2013, FOCUSSING ON THE VISUAL LITERACY OF CHILDREN BETWEEN 4-8 YEARS OLD, IS SET ON 15TH APRIL. DON’T BE LATE!